Author: Timothy Zahn
Series: Thrawn series (2017-2019)
Publisher: Del Rey
Thrawn is sent on a fools errand to eradicate some space plecostomus, y'know, like a Mynock but larger. There is basically a power struggle to see who gets the Imperial funding for their pet projects. (There are just too many Imperial officers jockeying for power to keep track of.) Thrawn just wants his special Tie fighters, some would agree with him, and others want in on Krennic's Death Star, others think Death Stars are stupid…
QUOTES & NOTES
- “…had he always been different, the oddness of his mind leaving his young peers bewildered or resentful?” –P. 74
- I see Thrawn’s analytical ways are an enigma even to his own people.
- “He commands only the loyalty of my actions, not the loyalty of my heart and mind.” –P. 118
- Emprorer, Thrawn is just not that into you.
- “What did you call me?”
“I called you a fool,” Thrawn repeated. –P. 113
- Ronin is the worst; I’m always up for people calling him a fool. Repeatedly.
- “Don’t worry–I’ll lock the hatch behind me.” –P. 215
- Famous last words?
- “Vanto, in less than two hours, had uncovered a complete conspiracy.” –P. 127
- Of course he did.
- “…Stardust is doomed,” Savit said. “It may survive five years, or ten, maybe even fifty. But somewhere during its service live, someone will figure out a way to disable or even destroy it.” –P. 259
- When you’re committing treason, but also correct, just ask Many Bothans.
- “Learning about each other’s ways and learning how we’re alike despite our differences is a way to enrich our lives” –P. 237
- What an un-imperial thing to think, Eli!
- “I will see you in hell.” –P. 295 (Ronin)
- Just one of those repetitious Star Wars lines courtesy of Han Solo.
- “Grand Admiral Thrawn and his officers have proven themselves traitors ot the Empire.” –P. 300 (Savit)
- Says the guy that stole Krennic’s Death Star Lasers???
- “”This is Captain Gilad Pallaeon…” –P. 303
- Peloton to the rescue!
- “Enjoy your victory while you can, Grand Admiral Thrawn. I’ll see you in hell.” –P. 303 (Savit)
- It’s a hell party! We have Savit, Ronin, Thrawn, Han Solo, that one guy on Hoth who was just concerned about safety in sub-zero temperatures. Fuck that guy, am I right?
- “In a single smooth motion, Ronan snatched the cape from around his throat and whipped it across Savit’s face.” -P. 303
- Hahahaha! CAPES saving the day with style again!